PSWTC 2017 Leadership Academy
Courtyard by Marriott – Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
700 W. Huntington Drive
Monrovia, CA 91016
November 29th (evening), November 30th (all day event), & December 1st (all day event)
On behalf of the Pacific Southwest Technologist Chapter (PSWTC) leadership, I would like to invite all interested members to apply for the fourth biennial PSWTC Leadership Academy. The Leadership Academy will take place on November 29 through December 1, 2017, at the Courtyard by Marriott – Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia. All persons who attend the Leadership Academy will be required to attend the Mikey Williams, City of Hope meeting on December 2, 2017. If you are selected to attend the Leadership Academy, your expenses for the weekend, which will include travel, hotel, City of Hope registration, food and ground transportation, will be paid for by the Chapter.
The PSWTC Leadership Academy’s training will focus on setting a clear plan for increasing your professional achievements by developing fundamental leadership skills and organizational expertise to enhance your performance at the chapter level and ultimately achieve a leadership position at the national level.
The Academy will be a two-day course with an assemblage of current PSWTC Leaders and a professional leadership facilitator. Lectures will be complimented with team building exercises that will enhance networking and communications skills. Each lecture will consider a different aspect of leadership development to support you in the following ways:
• Enhance your leadership and organizational skills required for committee member or chair positions
• Develop your confidence as a potential leader with a willingness to stand for elected positions within the Chapter and ultimately, at the national level
• Cultivate your ability to mentor other future leaders and new members in the Chapter
• Expand your leadership experience in preparation for positions at the national SNMMI level
• Encourage you to share your expertise as a speaker at PSWTC meetings
If you are selected to attend the Leadership Academy, you are making a commitment to serve for a minimum of two years, as a representative of the PSWTC and to continuously develop the necessary skills to become a positive and influential leader within the Chapter.
All applications must be received by 5:00pm September 1, 2017.
Leadership Academy Chair
Pacific Southwest Technologist Chapter
Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging